Cloud Security Engineer: Bedford, MA (227478)
Our client is looking for a cybersecurity professional to provide senior acquisition programmatic and subject matter expertise support to critical acquisition efforts on multiple USAF rapid cyber programs. A successful candidate will leverage experience in cloud security, cybersecurity requirements development, deployment, and procedures to provide expertise to senior leaders and assist operational deployment in conjunction with developing acquisition guidance and procedures for implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and assessment of DoD IT systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance on the application of cybersecurity requirements for cloud hosted environments
- Review documentation and provide guidance for all phases of the security authorization process using RMF to assist programs with Assessment and Authorizations (A&A) activities leading to systems receiving Interim Authority To Test (IATT)s and Authorization(s) To Operate (ATO)s
- Draft briefings, timelines, and design reviews for system development in accordance with prevailing cybersecurity regulations and policies
- Develop analyses and reports to inform decision makers on all aspects of risk management and assessments related to RMF security controls, including configuration management and the identification of new and emerging cyber threats
- Perform gap analyses between Intelligence Community threat assessments reports and program implementation to provide risk mitigation and remediation recommendations
- Review system security documentation in order to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to address vulnerabilities, implement changes and document security relevant changes
- Review vulnerability scan results and facilitate the resolution of all high and medium vulnerabilities in a timely manner
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information assurance, or equivalent experience, significant domain knowledge and customer intimacy
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in security engineering, information security, programming or equivalent experience
- Be knowledgeable in cybersecurity policy to include DoD’s 8500 series, DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP), NIST Special Publication 800-37 (RMF) and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Excellent relationship building and management skills
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to clarify description of the problems/issues, analyze causes, identify and assess alternatives, implement the best solution, and validate the problem was resolved
- Experience with Identity and Assess Management technologies, security token services (STS), IaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing (virtualization, platform migration, server consolidation), data loss prevention technologies, VPN, wireless and other mobility platforms, firewalls, SAN/NAS, messaging, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention
- Experience working with federal regulations related to information security (FISMA, Computer Security Act, etc.)
- Possess CISSP, CISM, or other commercial Cybersecurity-related Certification
- Must be able to travel CONUS and OCONUS locations up to 25% as needed
- Master's degree in pertinent field preferred
- Cloud+, CSSP, or other commercial Cloud Security-related Certification
- Experience with Splunk, ACAS, EiRetna, Tripwire, Kali, (or comparable)
- Department of Defense background is preferred
Notice to applicants: We will never ask you for bank account or other financial
information via email. Emails from our staff will only come from alexandertg.com.
We do not use variations of that domain name.
Alexander Technology Group is the leading provider of information technology staffing services for companies
and job seekers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, offering temporary and direct placement services with a
singular focus on the local market. Learn more about Alexander Technology Group and our opportunities at
Apply for this job online, or for faster service, please contact the manager listed above.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Alexander Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Now:
Sorry, we encountered an unknown error.
Please double check your information and try again.
If you continue to have problems, please reach out to us
directly at 603.637.1466 (NH) or 781.404.4320(MA)