Software Assurance Cyber Security Engineer: Bedford, MA (227803)
Our client is looking for someone who will be responsible for managing multiple projects and assisting our clients with implementing cybersecurity best practices, industry standards, and government regulations as applicable to the system’s software assurance and cybersecurity. You will serve as the primary contact for clients on multiple assigned projects, leveraging your knowledge of our clients’ architecture, operations, systems, capabilities, and business processes for developing software assurance recommendations, test plans, reviews, and reports as needed.
Seeking an individual with experience performing software vulnerability analysis using NIST Cybersecurity Framework or the MITRE-sponsored Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE) framework. This individual needs active knowledge in popular languages such as Java, C++, and the .NET framework. The candidate should be comfortable building and examining source code for identification of poor coding practices which could create exploitable vulnerabilities. The position requires the individual to support the active analysis and testing of mission applications within a lab environment using static code analysis using tools. A strong software engineering background with an ability to analyze and generate tailored reports for the software developers to remedy their deficiencies. Tools used may include open source tools like SonarQube, and FindBugs or commercial tools such as Sonatype Lifecycle and Coverity. A portion of the work will be conducted within the customer's lab environment. Candidate should understand software assurance and cybersecurity applications throughout the software development lifecycle. Additional work includes testing new tools and examining requirements to create an extensive framework for testing tools that detect software vulnerabilities.
Day to day duties include:
• Understanding and deconstructing software architecture and software-of-software systems for impacts to software assurance and cybersecurity.
• Analyzing and deciphering data flows to identify potential risks to customer information.
• Translating technical requirements info software security goals to relate to confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
• Translating risks into recommendations for remediation, including both technological and organizational recommendations.
• Producing Risk Assessments for leadership and outside organizations to determine software assurance and cybersecurity risk postures along with recommended remediations
• Providing technical leadership to a geographically dispersed team of test tool developers and performance testing efforts.
• Developing and executing formal or informal test procedures. This may involve creating and executing test specifications from design requirements, analyzing and reporting test results and reporting on defect resolution.
• Writing and executing scripts, including Windows and Linux task automation, testing tool automation, or other process improvement needs
• Installing customer products to verify User Guides and Installation documents are complete.
• Responsibilities include interacting with software development, reporting results to management, and help in writing functional specifications.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, network security, or equivalent experience with significant domain knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in security engineering, information security, programming or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of basic computer networking and the technological impacts on cybersecurity
• Knowledge of development and testing processes, methodologies (Agile preferred) and understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle.
• Strong attention to details and ability to multi-task across projects.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Analytical and problem solving skills with hands-on, “get it done” attitude.
• Self-Starter, customer service oriented and ability to communicate with business partners.
• Hands-on experience with: Windows CLI or Powershell along with UNIX shells such as bash.
• Experience working with a variety of platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android.
• Experience with examining and testing of complex software systems.
• Experience with distributed services oriented software systems preferred.
• Some travel will be required locally and domestically. This should not exceed 10% of the time, but may be more during key projects
• Master's degree in pertinent field preferred
• Experience with US Air Force or other Department of Defense systems and networks
• Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
• Perform systems integration level testing of systems, software and custom solutions, verifying conformance to established requirements. Diagnose and resolve causes of failures.
• Experience using tracking tools such as JIRA or TestTrack
• Experience with Infrastructure Applications, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing (virtualization, platform migration, server consolidation, utility computing, grid computing, VPN, wireless and other mobility platforms, SAN/NAS, messaging, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, identity & privilege management and authentication)
• Exposure to Scripting/Markup Languages (Perl, Ruby, Pyton, Scala, SML/HTML) a plus
• Department of Defense background is preferred
• Exposure to one or more of the following RDBMS technologies: H2, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle.
Notice to applicants: We will never ask you for bank account or other financial
information via email. Emails from our staff will only come from alexandertg.com.
We do not use variations of that domain name.
Alexander Technology Group is the leading provider of information technology staffing services for companies
and job seekers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, offering temporary and direct placement services with a
singular focus on the local market. Learn more about Alexander Technology Group and our opportunities at
Apply for this job online, or for faster service, please contact the manager listed above.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Alexander Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Now:
Sorry, we encountered an unknown error.
Please double check your information and try again.
If you continue to have problems, please reach out to us
directly at 603.637.1466 (NH) or 781.404.4320(MA)