Field Service Technician : Boston, MA (229071)
The Alexander Technology Group is looking for a Field Service Technician for a client in the Waltham are. Ideal candidate should have shown progression throughout their career: Experience working at an MSP or supporting multiple locations is a must.
- The Field Service Technician must provide on-site technical support to system users by troubleshooting issues and working directly with vendors to resolve major hardware and software problems.
- Maintain systems, install new equipment, and make modifications to client infrastructure as requested.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the client by fielding technical questions related to the technology being researched, installed, and resolving critical issues via phone support and onsite visits.
- Create recommendations on best practices and products suited to the client requirements in accordance with the budget outlined.
- Analyze and clarify the queries by conducting research and troubleshooting the issues.
- Records all the related departmental and field activities that have been carried out, reviews the complexities of the technical issues, participates in various projects, and ensures that all the organization's departmental goals have been met or exceeded by maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
- Train end users and groups on technology that has been installed at the company sites and workstations.
- Document installations for future root cause analysis and troubleshooting.
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.
- Travel to work sites remote from the field office location will also be required. (Work assignments at remote locations may be for extended periods of time.)
- Assist system users by confidently troubleshooting Tier 3 and Tier 4 issues, including: Active Directory, MS Exchange, BES Server, and DNS.
- Evaluate client’s operational efficiency of different IT systems and recommend improvements.
- Manage ticket queue by manually documenting, tracking, and monitoring problems while ensuring all tickets are responded to and closed in a timely manner.
- Interact with clients using clear and concise communication in order to facilitate ticket status updates and product availabilities.
- Manage MS Exchange environments and Active Directory (e.g., add, delete, change) as needed and keep up-to-date.
- Effectively demonstrate a sense of urgency while acting in a professional, calm manner and manage appropriate and realistic expectations to ensure overall client.
- Leverage critical thinking skills to evaluate all possible solutions and use appropriate judgment to apply most effective resolution methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent level of hands-on experience.
- 3-7 years of related IT experience in an enterprise or server based environment.
- Must have 3+ years of recent end-user technical support experience.
- Financial services industry and MSP experience preferred.
- Excellent desktop and server troubleshooting skills.
- Strong hands-on experience in Windows Server, MS Exchange, Active Sync, Active Directory, Remote VPN Software, LAN/WAN, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, MDM (Mobile Device Management), Disaster Recovery, and Cisco.
- Impeccable verbal/written communication.
- Exhibit a high-level of professionalism and sound judgment.
- Experience with ConnectWise or similar ticketing system preferred.
If you are interested in this Field Service Technician position, please contact Anthony Wozniak at 781-404-4320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice to applicants: We will never ask you for bank account or other financial
information via email. Emails from our staff will only come from alexandertg.com.
We do not use variations of that domain name.
Alexander Technology Group is the leading provider of information technology staffing services for companies
and job seekers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, offering temporary and direct placement services with a
singular focus on the local market. Learn more about Alexander Technology Group and our opportunities at
Apply for this job online, or for faster service, please contact the manager listed above.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Alexander Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Now:
Sorry, we encountered an unknown error.
Please double check your information and try again.
If you continue to have problems, please reach out to us
directly at 603.637.1466 (NH) or 781.404.4320(MA)