Desktop Support (Deployment Project): Salem, MA (229457)
The Alexander Technology Group has an opening for a Desktop Support Technician contractor in Salem, MA to perform a deployment of 150 machines. This person will be responsible for analyzing, developing and implementing desktop support solutions within a Windows environment. This person must have access to reliable transportation and will need to install the OS as well as proprietary applications.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploys OS images, applications, and desktop environment modifications using packages. Creates tests, deploys, and work on roll out of 150 Windows machines.
• Assesses the need for workstation upgrades and develops deployment strategy.
• Sets up, configures and installs desktops and laptops for new hires, and creates accounts (email and network).
• Installs and supports enterprise-wide applications such as: Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook, and Symantec Endpoint.
• Maintains accurate PC, printer, software and LAN equipment inventory through inventory tracking software and vendor services.
• Manages client configuration inventory including software, hardware, IP addresses, and various other system addresses.
• Installs and supports various business applications.
• 1+ years in a technology environment
• Excellent technical knowledge of windows desktop and server hardware and software.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current networking protocols, operating systems, and technology standards.
• Solid understanding and competency with Microsoft.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Strong customer-service orientation
Notice to applicants: We will never ask you for bank account or other financial
information via email. Emails from our staff will only come from alexandertg.com.
We do not use variations of that domain name.
Alexander Technology Group is the leading provider of information technology staffing services for companies
and job seekers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, offering temporary and direct placement services with a
singular focus on the local market. Learn more about Alexander Technology Group and our opportunities at
Apply for this job online, or for faster service, please contact the manager listed above.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Alexander Technology Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Online Now:
Sorry, we encountered an unknown error.
Please double check your information and try again.
If you continue to have problems, please reach out to us
directly at 603.637.1466 (NH) or 781.404.4320(MA)